Jul 31, 2013

Blackbuck'd all over - Velavadar II


Continuing my Gujarat Diaries here is a photolog for the beautiful and the fastest antelope species in India, the Blackbuck (Antilope cervicapra) that is classified as 'Near Threatened' due to their drastic reduction in population owing to their loss of habitat, overgrazing and hunting.


Need to say more... Sit back and enjoy!


horns...horns is all that you see...


the glossy beautiful male comes into sight...



the herd follows the male... some walking some jumping, look at the cute fawns...



more of the herd... comprises of females, sub-adults and fawns...



a male poses...


an alert doe...


female bucks are dull yet beautiful...


2 brothers...? possibly, one brownie one blackie...


off on a stroll...keeping the herd together



my home, my land is the key for my survival...!


to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good to have you on my blog...your feedback is valued :)