Saturday, January 19, 2013

Snakes from Goa

Ok, I'm lagging behind with a truckload of pending posts and my apologies for the same, hope to make up for the delay soon.

In the last post, I presented some nature frames that I was able to shoot in the Bhagwan Mahaveer Wildlife sanctuary, Goa.

As I have been repeatedly insisting, Goa is a haven for all kinds of wild life (both diurnal and nocturnal) and we were able to see a variety of reptiles, amphibians, insects, spiders, butterflies and birds on our trip to Goa.

Of the multiple snakes we saw, the highlight was the multiple sighting of the Hump-nosed Pit Viper in various forms. It was astonishing to see them in varied plumage's (if I may call that) depending on the surrounding it was in (like a brown coated viper seen on the ground, a more blackish brown viper seen on the rocks, a more dull greyish colored viper on the rocks and so on...)

Hope you like them and it would be great to have your feedback :)









wait for more to come...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...