(kindly forgive those shakes / depixalated ones)
Route to Maidenahalli (Jayamangali) Blackbuck Reserve:
1. Take the NH4 from Bengaluru towards Tumkur
2. 3.5 kms after the Kyathasandra highway Toll gate, about 3 kms before Tumkur city take the Sira road (by passing tumkur city)... go straight
3. Proceed 4 kms to reach the under construction overpass (Anthrasnalli industrial area). Go North (turn right) towards Madhugiri town.
4. Travel 41 kms to Madhugiri town.
5. From Madhugiri town, take right to Hindupur town (i.e., drive east right turn). 1.5 kms from madhugiri town - road splits into two, take the Hindupur road on left (north east).
6. 11 kms from here, before the bridge over Jayamangali river / Kodigenahalli village, you will reach Puruvara village.
7. Take left (north) and travel on ID halli village road.
8. After 1 km off Girigowdana halli, (a very small village 8 kms from Puruvara village), an unmetalled track turns north east. Take this track
9. 4 kms down the track, you will reach the gates of Jayamangali blackbuck reserve.
Caution: The country roads are not in the best of condidtions currently, beware of the surprise humps that is sure of unsettling you and your vehicle.
After Puruvara village, traverse at a lower speed, else you would definitely miss the right turn after girigowdana halli.
You can drive around in your vehicle in the reserve (but ride with caution during monsoons)
There is an IB there, accommodation is provided on prior request from Madhugiri forest office.
U can also check my previous experience at Maidenahalli...
and the article in the papers...
Care for the nature and the nature cares for you!